The School of devotion and charity dedicated to S. Maria del Monte Carmelo was founded in 1594. Three years later it obtained official recognition and in 1767 it was elevated to "Grande". The internal rooms of the school have preserved the original furnishings, consisting of important oil paintings, rich stucco ceilings and original carved wooden backs. The greatest artists gave their contribution to the construction of the Scuola Grande dei Carmini: the architect Baldassarre Longhena who oversaw the design of the great Giambattista Tiepolo who between 1739 and 1749 painted the nine incomparable paintings on the ceiling of the "Sala del Capitolo". The Venice Musicarmini Concert Association aims to add classical music with spectacular and top-level performances to this incredible context of sublime pictorial and architectural art.