The abbey of Saint-Germain-des-Prés is one of the oldest Catholic places of worship in Paris. Of the complex, at present only the church remains, one of the first gothic style buildings of the city, built in place of an older one between 1014 and 1163; it is currently the seat of the homonymous parish, belonging to the archdiocese of Paris. The church overlooks Place Saint Germain des Prés, on the corner of Boulevard Saint-Germain and rue Bonaparte and is located near the Paris Metro station, Saint-Germain-des-Prés (line 4). From October 26, 1953 is. historical monument of France.