The Odeon is one of the Cinema-Theater in Italy and is probably one of the most beautiful of the peninsula, and perhaps in Europe. Opened in the twenties, it has an illustrious history. It was built from the interior of one of the most important Renaissance buildings in the city: the Palazzo dello Strozzino. Built at the behest of Palla Strozzi to 1457, designed by Filippo Brunelleschi, but with the safe operation of Michelozzo, the building was owned by the family until the nineteenth century, it passed to the Marquis Carlo Ginori Lisci, who sold it to the City. In 1904 it was bought by Chiari, hosts one of the most important in the city, with plans to build a luxury hotel, but already in 1914 the ownership changed his mind. At the suggestion of the great Eleonora Duse, it was decided to build a large and elegant movie theater and the project was entrusted to Adolfo Coppedé. In 1919, a work already advanced, the building was acquired by the Italian-American Cinema Society, whose president, Alexander Abolaf, was an important film impresario of Greek origin. The completion of the restructuring was entrusted to Marcello Piacentini, Roman architect very famous at the time. In December 14, 1922 the local was finally inaugurated.