The Luigi Cherubini Conservatory is a higher institute of musical studies founded in Florence in 1849. It is located in Piazza delle Belle Arti, on the corner with Via degli Alfani, on the same block as the Academy of Fine Arts, the Academy Museum and the 'Workshop of hard stones. The current director is Paolo Zampini. The hall with the name of "Buonumore" was built in 1784. With the reform of 1923, the hall was renovated according to a design by the architect Rodolfo Sabatini and acquired a new appearance thanks to the creation of a gallery with side balconies and a stage equipped with organ choir. The current appearance of the room derives from important works of adaptation to the regulations in force and to the renovation of furniture made starting from 1968 and completed at the end of the 1980s. It has 250 seats. The hall, restored in 2010, hosts the most important initiatives promoted by the Conservatory, which see students as protagonists, but also great musicians and scholars, invited by the Conservatory during seminars, conferences and important educational and artistic initiatives often carried out in collaboration with other Italian and foreign cultural institutions.