The "Basilica di Santo Spirito" (Basilica of the Holy Spirit) is one of the main churches of the early Renaissance. It is located in the city of Oltrarno Firenzei and with his naked and unmistakable facade overlooking the main square. The basilica, built over the remains of the thirteenth-century Augustinian monastery destroyed by fire in 1471, the latest masterpiece by Filippo Brunelleschi that began in 1444. According to its projects, the work continued in 1446 under the direction of Antonio Manetti, Giovanni Gaiole and Salvi d'Andrea, was completed in 1488. A Salvi d'Andrea was responsible for the construction of the dome, designed by Brunelleschi.